Dear valued Customers and Business Partners,
Given the continuing challenges posed by the COVID-19 epidemic, we would like to reassure you that Becker Avionics GmbH has taken significant steps to ensure that all our sites, products and services are safe.
Therefore, we want to share with you some insights of the measures we are taking to protect our employees and maintain security of supply of our products.
Preventive actions to protect our employees
In line with our core values, our priority is to ensure that our workers have the ability to operate effectively and safely during this period of uncertainty.
Therefore we have implemented:
- on site hygienic work norms such as regular hand washing, use of alcoholbased hand sanitizer, increased cleaning and disinfecting measures and social distance rules;
- remote work whenever possible;
- most meetings have been replaced with conference calls or video
- all but essential travels have been cancelled.
Preventive actions with respect to external parties (e.g. visitors, truck drivers)
- large scale events have been cancelled;
- only essential visitors and external parties are allowed on site; and specific safety protocols are in place for truck / goods deliveries.
All our teams currently remain accessible to you and we have taken measures to maintain business continuity. Our customers will continue to receive the highest quality service without disruption. At present, we are not experiencing any direct impacts on our material supply. The current situation is, however, both complex and dynamic and we remain in frequent communication with our direct suppliers located in Taiwan, Europe and in other parts of the world to ensure delivery of materials as planned. Our procurement team is reviewing material status regularly for every region of the world and we have a weekly coronavirus task force meeting. We will continue to work with urgent focus to gain more clarity as this situation develops.
Disinfection of BECKER AVIONICS Devices by Customers
Within the framework of officially prescribed or recommended protective measures during the corona pandemic, it makes sense that devices and systems that are directly accessible to people, are disinfected as required. This particularly applies to controls on avionics devices.
The following must be observed to avoid damage to the devices:
- Not every commercially available disinfectant is suitable for use on the surfaces of our devices. Many of the agents contain solvents or greasing components that can cause undesired effects on the controls.
- As a disinfectant, we recommend the use of diluted monohydric alcohols such as Isopropanol or Ethanol.
- Devices may only be disinfected when they are switched off.
- Disinfectants should be used with the help of suitable protective gloves that are disinfected.
- Do not use spray bottles or evaporators to apply disinfectants to Becker Avionics devices. Liquids could penetrate the devices and lead to destruction. Use it to rub off all controls.
- Disinfectant liquids should be used with a lint-free cloth moistened with them. Use it to rub of all controls.
- To reduce the risk of infection, it can help to disinfect the controls before changing the operator.
Please note the usual protective measures when using monohydric alcohols for cleaning purposes.
Finally, Becker Avionics GmbH is carefully following all recommendations provided by the German Government and Authorities and continuously monitoring for eventual latest guidelines and demands. If you have specific questions, please address them to your local Becker Avionics GmbH contact.